The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) at Lancaster University, one of the UK’s top 10. The Faculty encompasses nine separate departments, including Politics, Law, English and European Languages.
- Funding for Higher Education is consistently being squeezed, particularly for arts, social sciences and humanities subjects.
- It is becoming ever more important that faculties raise their profile and support the work of academic colleagues in reaching new, wider and relevant audiences.
- Profiling research - Developing profiles on key academic work to target print, broadcast & online media.
- Promoting Experts - Creating a bank of ‘experts’ and liaising with leading national and international media to arrange numerous interview and comment opportunities.
- Event support - Delivering tailored media campaigns to showcase Faculty events in relevant and targeted media.
- Media training - Providing bespoke media training support/coaching for academics, based on their individual requirements.
- Relevant media coverage - Extensive media coverage for individual academic’s research in major national and international print, online and broadcast media, including:
- The Guardian, The Independent, The Times, The Daily Telegraph and The FT
- Sky News, BBC News, ITV News, Al Jazeera English
- The Huffington Post, Cosmopolitan, Bustle and MailOnline
- Brand building - Recognition for the Faculty as a ‘Centre of Excellence’
- Increased opportunities - The Faculty and individual academics gained access to wider audiences including research networks, prospective students and funding partners.