Media activity related to a company or brand that is not directly generated by the company or its agents but rather by other entities such as customers or journalists.
- Traditional publicity mentions in professional media outlets
- Ratings and reviews in TMOs (e.g. movie reviews)
- Consumer-to-consumer WOM conversations about products, including advice and referrals
- Consumers showing or demonstrating products to each other
- Traditional publicity mentions in digital media outlets (e.g. professional blogs)
- Online WOM referrals (e.g. invitations to join a website)
- Post in online communities or social networks
(e.g. status updates, tweets)
- Online ratings and reviews (e.g. Yelp.com for restaurants, Amazon.com for products)
Media activity related to a company or brand that is generated by the company or its agents in channels it controls.
- Retail in-store visual merchandising or displays
- Company press releases
- Company/brand website
- Company/brand blog
- Company-owned pages/accounts in online social networks
(e.g. Twitter account, Facebook brand page)
Media activity related to a company or brand that is generated by the company or its agents.
- Traditional advertising (e.g. television, radio, print, outdoor)
- Direct Mail
- Display/banner advertising
- Search advertising (e.g. Google AdWords)
- Social network advertising (e.g. Facebook ads)
- Electronic direct mail