GDR worked with Corona Extra in the UK for over 10 years.
Sold in more than 155 countries around the world, Corona is the fourth best-selling beer in the world and the most popular Mexican beer.
Brewed and bottled exclusively at source in Mexico by Grupo Modelo, it was a small, niche import into the UK marketplace when GDR first began working with the beer brand in 1999. After a highly successful brand building campaign, sales rose from selling around 50,000 cases per annum to over 5 Million cases.
- Brand building - helping to develop the Corona Extra brand from a small, niche import into one of the UK’s top selling beer brands
- Securing distribution - showcasing the quality of the product to the on and off trade to secure distribution and drive sales through premium channels
- Developing marketing plans - working directly with the Corona Extra team to carefully devise a growth strategy, developing long-term marketing initiatives to differentiate the brand from competition
- Reflecting the global positioning - highlighting the brand’s position as a style icon and generating popularity in key target consumer markets
- Working closely with brand managers to develop marketing initiatives and carefully devise growth strategies designed at driving distribution and increasing the brand’s profile in the UK.
- Maximising the brand’s sponsorships with sporting and lifestyle events, including Clothes Show Live, ATP World Tennis Tour and the World Superbike Championships.
- Promoting the brand’s marketing initiatives including Corona Save the Beach, Corona Weeks, Sessions Tour, Rock in Rio and Movida Corona – the world’s biggest DJ competition.
- Capitalising on the brand’s quality and iconic style to secure coverage in leading consumer press through product placements, promotions and tailored press releases.
- High impact trade and consumer activity in major geographical hotspots around the UK with targeted marketing activity and media interest in broadcast, print and online media.
- Monitoring forward features, product placements and review opportunities to secure coverage in leading on and off trade press, as well as marketing media.
- Supporting the brand from early entry into the UK market in 1999 to one of achieving sales figures:
- Second best-selling premium packaged lager (2006)
- Fatest growing beer brand in the UK (2006)
- In the UK alone, sales volume rose from 50,000 cases per annum to over 5 Million
- Extensive and regular media coverage targeting both trade and consumers - in national and regional print, online and broadcast media.